July 14, 2009

Nana Bangkok

Last day in Bangkok... tomorrow we will fly to Singapore to catch our flight to India, Delhi. Bangkok trapped me and we stayed here longer than I thought I would. We found a very comfortable and affordable hotel here and we felt tired after our touristy trip to Cambodia. 
Bangkok is a big and busy city where the king and the queen face are in every corner... It's kind of brain washing and I started to like him without even knowing anything about him. They posted stores dedicated to him, the queen and the country flags around the schools. The king have to sympathize with his people as early as he can.... 
Fruits are delicious and very cheap, I had some of the best rambutan, mango and logan... mango shakes are just unbelievably delicious (60 cents).. 
Tourist are everywhere, markets fill the streets and keep people busy buying after work...
We visited the week-end market, the biggest market on earth I read... It was really big I agree, so big that I thought I would never see the end of it. 
We visited golden Temples and saw golden gigantic Buddha... walk along the brown river...
We rode noisy Bangkok tuk tuk and visited tailor shops to help out the driver to get a commission...
Coming out of our hotel and having people calling us and our money for a ride... is as aggressive as the heat and the sun when you come out of an air-conditioned shady place. Well take it positively and just laugh about it or you will hate Bangkok...

Poema

No comments: